Monday 30 November 2015

Why the direction you sleep can affect your health

So it's a Monday morning, and I've set myself a major project at home.  After 16 years, I'm finally getting round to moving the furniture around in my bedroom and changing the look of the place before decorating next year.  This got me thinking, will lying in a different position affect my sleep?  The more I read, the interesting facts I kept discovering, so I've highlighted some of the more interesting ones below;

Sleep is obviously a key component in achieving good physical and emotional health.  Choosing the correct direction we face can either hamper or boost our sleep pattern, improving or disrupting our health accordingly.  Every article I read seemed to believe that the best direction to sleep in for a restful and undisturbed night's rest is for the head to face east and the feet towards the west (or vice versa).  This is said to supply the body with an abundance of positive energy.

You should never sleep with your head pointing North as this places you in the direction of earth's magnetic field which has a negative effect on our bodies.  Some individuals who sleep this way can experience restless sleep and nightmares.  According to the Hindi religion, sleeping with your head pointing south west also allows the body to be filled with an abundance of positive energy.  They also state that if your head points due South (where I currently sleep) you are looking straight into the eyes of the God of Death, Lord Yama!!! So that's where I've been going wrong!!

Mythology aside, modern physics  informs us much the same information.  The Law of magnetism says the North Pole is a source of negative energy whilst the South is positive.  If your head faces North is receives negative energy from the magnetic field which can lead to tiredness, sluggishness and reduced brain function first thing in the morning.  Feng Shui also highlights the benefits of sleeping with your head facing East too.  So if you do suffer with a bad night's sleep on a regular basis, maybe look at which direction you are facing.  Providing I can shift my bed and the furniture (hello bad back!!) I'm going to go east and see if it makes a difference.



Til next week, good health to you.

For any enquiries, email Michael at synergy_therapies@icloud.com

No comments:

Post a Comment