Wednesday 6 January 2016

Just do it

Belated Happy New Year,
Did you wake up in 2016 with a bad head or were you sensible?  For the first time I was pretty reluctant to neck any booze down me as I knew Xena would have me up at 5 begging for biscuits and to be let out, so I showed some uncustomary restraint and was sensible.

As for resolutions, well it is the 4th and we've probably broken them already anyway :)  One thing I am going to work on is not to put anything off.  Early last year I went to visit a friends elderly parents, Barrie & Pauline, whom I have remained in contact over the last 28 years since I first moved to Nottingham and they were kind enough to feed me, offer me a place to sleep and were non judgmental regarding my lifestyle and style of dress.  Over the years we remained in touch by phone, Christmas cards etc and the occasional visit.  Last February was the first time I'd visited in years and it was lovely to catch up in person and I promised I'd visit again in the summer.  So what happened?  You guessed it, work and life in general got in the way and it was December again.  I was determined to visit and drop off my card to them.  The month passed by so quick and with bookings etc I had no time to go visit so I posted the card saying to myself I'd pop up after New Years.  Alas, on Christmas Day, Pauline suffered a heart attack and deteriorated very fast and died on the 29th, a sad loss to her family and friends.  Such a very kind lady I felt such a disappointment that i had not gotten round to go see her for what would have been the final time.  So my message this week is learn not to put off seeing those who mean alot to you as we never know what is around the corner and don't put off what you want to do as our time here is far too short.

Til next week, good health to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment