Monday 5 October 2015

My early morning, under the duvet workout

Good Morning, did you enjoy the weekend weather?  Did you go to Goose Fair?  Although I enjoyed the sun, I was, for the most part, working most of it but it was nice not to have to dodge showers as I did so.

I don't know about you, but the last few weeks, with the darker mornings, getting up and out of bed has really taken an effort and the motivation to do anything takes some finding.  To try and perk myself up, I've begun to perform some under the covers exercise and stretching (no making up your own jokes here, thank you)to rid myself of any post sleepy stiffness.

Firstly, I lie back on the bed and stretch my legs and feet as far as I can to the foot of the bed as well as stretching my arms and hands far into the air, and just hold it and sink into it, feels really good.

Then I sit up, and with my hands on my shoulders, perform shoulder rolls forward and back.  Then try stretching your arm across your chest, repeating both sides, to really loosen up those shoulders.  Warm up your ankles by wiggling your feet about, scrunching and unscrunching your toes, that sort of thing.

Sitting up in bed, straight back, slowly bring yourself forwards, bone by bone towards your legs until you feel a stretch in the back of your legs, hold a few seconds, then slowly return to sitting.  Tilt your head from side to side,slowly, rotate the head, don't be alarmed if you hear lots of creaks and cracks, as your bones and muscles start to come to life again.  These are just an example of things you can do, whilst still in the womb that is your duvet, to prepare your body for what lies ahead, and they need only take a few minutes to complete.



For any enquiries;
Email synergy_therapies@icloud.com

No comments:

Post a Comment